Sunday 5 February 2012

Captivity - Movie Review - Ballbag smoothies all round! - SICKorSHIT - Alexs Verdict

Hey Alex here; I was bored yesterday so I decided to watch a film that I had sitting in my dad's collection for a while, this film as you can tell by the title of this post is Captivity. I chose to watch captivity because it looked promising and Elisha Cuthbert is very fit indeed. at the time I had no idea of the storyline or how it would turn out, are these two films Sick or SHIT?...let the review commence (<<cheesy as fuck)
Is is wrong of me to think this is fricking hot?!?!?!


Before I get into the movie here's a quick background check for you                    (calm down......no spoilers)

"Jennifer Tree (Elisha Cuthbert), a young fashion model and cover girl, had captured the attention of photographers and for better or worse, the public at large. On an evening out alone, Jennifer is stalked and drugged. She wakes in a stupor to find herself captive and confined to a cell."

Okay, this movie sounds good so far....good looking girl, gets drugged, finds herself trapped...doesn't know where the fuck she is. Pretty good story going on here so far lets read on....(no spoilers yet)

"A series of metal bins and numbered lockers abruptly swing open in front of her. They contain personal items taken from her apartment. She is forced to view videotapes containing images of the victims that were tortured previous to her captivity as well as videotaped interviews she had given to the media in the past. Trapped, realising there is no way out, Jennifer pleads and screams to anyone that might hear her. During her confinement, she is subjected to various forms of psychological and sensory torture. She is forced to drink a blended mixture of an eye, ear and nose of a previous victim. Then, she is made to decide who dies within 30 seconds: herself or her dog, Suzy."

Ughh, I watched this film with my dad and at the moment where she had to drink that blended shit we both cringed...not the best scene to watch when your eating pizza.
    Noiceee...we got fucked up gore, a mysterious killer, Elisha Cuthbert still looking as sexy as ever (even when she's having a ballbag smoothie)...good so far...by the way this is a bit more than a quarter through in the film.

Okay I want this to become a trend in most of our reviews, whenever there is a spoiler "alert" I will try to alert you in an "alerting" way....here goes...(it's kinda like an electric spoiler fence giving you a warning)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 Jennifer eventually finds she is not alone. A young man, Gary (Daniel Gillies), is being held captive in an adjoining cell. The two make contact and try to find out why they are being held. After a moment of consensual sex, Gary awakens to find Jennifer, who has been drugged once again. He takes out a key to an adjoining cell. Meanwhile, Gary's key opens a door into a house, revealing that Gary and his older brother Ben (Pruitt Taylor Vince) are actually the captors. Gary joins Ben in the kitchen where they make sushi. Gary tells Ben that he is falling in love with Jennifer. Ben strikes Gary and says "play them, don't play with them." Ben then puts something in the fridge. When he turns around Gary stabs him. Gary then watches the same tape of the woman lying on the bed that was shown earlier. The boy stabbing his mother is revealed to have been Gary looking at a smirking Ben.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


This isn't all the story because the whole synopsis is too long...thanks to IMDb for the story. So this film turned out pretty good and if you read the spoiler then when you watch the film the twist is kinda predictable, some of you might not see it coming but me and my dad did. I'll stop talking before I reveal anything, so I will give this movie a solid C+ which is  around a 6-7/10..which is good, I would recommend you watch this film if your bored at home, or your with a friend..but this film will not make you or your friend cringe that much at all; I think the ballbag smoothie really boosts this films credibility, its sounds like i'm joking but I seriously; many films are famous for one scene in particular. I feel that I remember many films for a certain scene I saw in it, the ballbag smoothie shall be deemed the "memorable scene in this film"

This film is NOT SHIT....but then again it is NOT SICK...therefore it is .......meh

As always thank you for reading this post

by the way I decided to name all our fans (if there are any) sluts...enjoy :)


Check out our: 

No comments:

Post a Comment